Sunday, February 5, 2012

Seeking + Obeying God = Fearless






Fear is my biggest enemy, I feel so intimidated by just about everything especially my future. But I just found out that if you are afraid of your future, that simply means that you do not have faith in God. I like to plan things and when something happens and it is not consistent with my plans; I started to fear. The truth is God is the one who has the authority to plan my life and He is the only one who can change it. In other words, yes you have the permission to plan your life but you do not have the permission to depend on it and there is no need to be dissapointed when your plans start to change because when God changes your plans that means that He is re-directing you. God knows exactly where you will be 10 years from now, you don't have to worry about tomorrow because God is there and He will be there when tomorrow comes. The question is what do I have to do while I am in the process of walking toward my future? what do I have to do to overcome my fear about my future? the answer is SEEK GOD & OBEY HIM. These 2 things cannot be separated. Seek God means that you always spend time with God, He has to be the priority in your life (Matthew 6:33). Pray..pray..pray..and pray! To me personally, I can only feel so close to God when I pray, just reading my bible is not enough, I have to pray, then I can hear God's voice and feel His presence. Prayer is also important in order for you to take your stand against your enemy the one who gives you fear ( Ephesians 6:10-11, 18). To Obey God means that you have to be discipline, you must obey His rules. Walk away from things that will make you feel guilty or dirty. Remember! Seek and Obey cannot be separated. Think about it...how can you seek God yet you do things that are unholy, or how can you obey God but you don't seek Him. For example: you pray and read your bible yet you mess around with your boyfriend or girlfriend, using drugs, get drunk, and all that. Or you do all the right things but you don't even have time to pray, to read your bible, God is not your priority but something else is maybe your job, your partner, or your education. Both of these have to walk together because they complete each other. From my experience, when I seek God and obey Him; I feel so peaceful and this are the keys to overcome my fears, simply by just seek God and Obey Him. When you do these 2 things correctly you are living in righteousness. Believe me or not, when you are walking in the middle of the storm, you will feel safe and peaceful because you know that you are walking and live in righteousness it is 100% guarantee that God will fight for you. You do not have to worry when life doesn't go the way you planned because God wants you to see that you deserve more something bigger that you can imagine. Have faith in God's ability (1 John 5:14-15) and live in righteousness . If you do these, you can get ready to say goodbye to fear and welcoming peacefulness.

No comments: